Steps to update bank account details in UAN
Linking a bank account to a UAN (Universal Account Number) has many benefits, such as allowing members to claim withdrawals online and access a variety of services such as online passbook verification, application status, downloading/printing of the updated booklet at any time, declaration of death by the beneficiary, etc. Members with a validated Aadhaar and bank details associated with their UAN can file their withdrawal/settlement/transfer PF requests online, which is the most crucial benefit of linking or updating bank details. At the same time, the Caisse de Prévoyance des Employés (EPFO) allows its members to update their personal data online, thus avoiding members having to physically go to their local EPFO establishment. Members must obtain the relevant IFSC from their bank and have the details uploaded and authorized, otherwise no online application submissions will be accepted by EPFO. Follow these steps to update your online banking details:
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and login to your EPF account using your UAN and password.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and click ‘Login’.
- Now, under the “Manage” tab, select the “KYC” option from the drop-down list.
- Now select ‘Bank’ as the document type and enter your bank account number as well as the IFSC.
- Click “Save” and the status will show as “KYC pending approval” once you save your new bank details.
- Now submit the KYC documents to your employer and once the verification is done by the employer, the status “KYC pending approval” will be changed to “KYC digitally approved”.
- After successful verification of bank details by the employer, the member will receive a confirmation message on his registered mobile number.
How to update bank account details in UAN?
— EPFO (@socialepfo) January 4, 2022
To note: Members should keep in mind that they must have an active UAN and a mobile phone number in order to update their bank details. If members do not have an active UAN or have not updated/registered their mobile number in their EPF online account, they can follow the steps described here.
For investment-related articles, business news and mutual fund tips
Article first published: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:57 a.m. [IST]