How to set an age limit on your Instagram business account so that only users over a certain age can follow it
- You can set an age limit for your
- To set an age limit, you will need a
Instagram businessor creator account.
- You can set individual age limits for each country that users can visit you from, or a single age limit for everyone.
You must be 13 years of age or older to register Instagram. However, some things posted on Instagram might not be suitable even for teenagers.
This is where the age limits come in. If you have a Instagram Work or creator account, there is a feature in your settings menu that allows you to set the minimum age for people to see your account.
This feature is perfect for businesses like nightclubs or performers who want to ensure that no one under the age of 21 can see their content. You can even limit the age by country – for example, you can set the limit to 21 in the US, but 18 in places like Canada or the UK.
Here’s how to set an age limit on your account using the Instagram application for
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
How to set an age limit on your Instagram account
If you have a business account, here’s how to set an age limit for him.
1. In the Instagram app, go to your profile.
2. Tap the three lines in the upper right corner to open the menu and select “Settings.”
3. In the settings menu, tap “Company” or “Creator”.
If you don’t see these options, it means you don’t have a Business or Creator account. You can change this in your account menu.
4. In the Company or Creator menu, select the option titled “Minimum age”.
5. From there you have two options: just add a global default minimum age or set restrictions selectively by country.
To add a single default age, just hit the “Add” button to the right of the “Default” option and enter the minimum age you want.
To specify the age limit by country, press the “Add” button next to “By country” instead, and follow the on-screen instructions to select a country.
When you’re done, tap “Done” in the top right corner of the screen.